The 20th edition of the Poznań Book Fair is ahead of us. On March 11-13, 2022, Poznań will once again become the capital of literature, and several dozen publishers, book lovers, autograph hunters, writers and illustrators will appear on the MTP Poznań Expo grounds.
The special guests of this year's edition of the Poznań Book Fair will be:
- Mariusz Szczygieł - reporter, non-fiction writer, Czechophile, whose books were published in 21 countries.
- Jakub Żulczyk - author of, among others "Blinded by the lights", "Dog hill" or "Feedback".
- Elżbieta Cherezińska - the author of many best-selling historical novels, including the popular series "The Reborn Kingdom".
- Eliza Piotrowska - author and illustrator, known for the best-selling series "Ciocia Jadzia", "Tupcio Chrupcio" and "Poznań Legends".
- We are glad that the invitation to this year's Poznań Book Fair has been accepted by writers who are appreciated not only by literary critics, but also and above all by readers - says Marcin Gorynia, Director of the Poznań Book Fair. - We encourage all book lovers to spend the March weekend with literature, participate in meetings with authors and take advantage of many attractions prepared especially for this occasion by the organizers, partners and exhibitors of the fair.
The program of the Poznań Book Fair
The program of the Poznań Book Fair is full of attractions for various audiences. Fans of the black disc will be interested in the Vinyl Exchange, which will feature 10,000 vinyl records, selected by exhibitors from Poland and abroad. There will also be attractions for enthusiasts of cartoon novels, collector's numbers and newer editions will be available in the Comic Book Zone. This year, fans of verbal competition will also find something for themselves, in the Scrabble Zone there are attractions planned for beginners and advanced players.
The Family Reading Zone, a special space for children and parents, is a novelty at the Poznań Book Fair. Every hour there will be "Readings in a mosaic of impressions" with music. The Family Reading Zone will also serve as a reading room for toddlers, preschoolers and primary school students.
Exhibitions and books at attractive prices
The Poznań Book Fair is also, of course, and above all, books! This is where you can see the latest offer of independent and niche publishers and leaders in the publishing market. Among the exhibitors there were, among others Rebis, Evidence for Existence, Egmont, Helion, Media Rodzina, Sonia Draga, Wydawnictwo Miejskie Posnania, Debit, Here is reading, Babaryba, BIS, Karakter, Nowa Baśń, Wydawnictwo Poznańskie, Wydawnictwo SQN, Zakamarki, Zysk i S-ka and many other. As every year, the exhibitors have prepared attractive promotions for fair visitors.
During the Fair, there will also be an exhibition devoted to the illustrative works of Ewa Kozyra-Pawlak and Paweł Pawlak, organized as part of the Masters of Illustration series. It is also worth visiting the exhibition from the Illustrators Salon series, presenting the work of Polish illustrators and book graphics from the young generation.
Free entrance, but registration required
Entry to the Poznań Book Fair is free, but you must register in advance. There is a pool of tickets available for people with and without the EU Covid Certificate.
The Poznań Book Fair will be held at the MTP Poznań Expo on March 11-13, accompanied by the Educational Fair, which is aimed at students looking for new schools, parents and teachers.